RE: Anyone Running Oracle on VMWare?

  • From: "Matthew Zito" <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <srcdco@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 11:51:33 -0400

It depends very much on how you're using VMware.  For example, I would
recommend having database VMs use dedicated CPU allocations, or getting
higher priority for CPU time.  Also, older versions of VMware, notable
the early ESX revs and VMware Server, had real issues with contention
overhead for both I/O and CPU.  These things are improved in recent
versions of ESX, as well as having the CPU allocation that can mitigate.

Matt