From: Storey, Robert (DCSO) [mailto:RStorey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 1:12 PM
To: Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx; Stephens, Chris; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Anyone Running Oracle on VMWare?

The last time I talked with Oracle on this question, the response was that you
have to license oracle based on the physical hardware of the box.

From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Stephens, Chris

I’m curious how licensing works with VMotion.  Do you have to license oracle
for the all hosts in the environment, including the host(s) that aren’t being
used until failover?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and
exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is
not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by email reply.