RE: Anyone Running Oracle on VMWare?

  • From: "Storey, Robert \(DCSO\)" <RStorey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <Chris.Stephens@xxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 13:11:40 -0500

The last time I talked with Oracle on this question, the response was that you
have to license oracle based on the physical hardware of the box.

From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Stephens, Chris

I’m curious how licensing works with VMotion.  Do you have to license oracle
for the all hosts in the environment, including the host(s) that aren’t being
used until failover?