Re: Anyone Running Oracle on VMWare?

Not that this thread has any particular direction at this point ... so
I hope that you don't mind if I direct your attention to a point of
interest along the road.

I noticed that a serial number for a VMware vSphere 4 license included
a restriction of "Max 6 cores per processor".
Does anyone know if that includes hyperthreading or simply excludes
the latest 8 core Intel Xeon Nehalems and the coming AMD Magny Cours?
Oh wait, that would be asking a VMware question in an Oracle mail
list. Please ignore.

I had a bad feeling when seeing that restriction in text, that it
would soon appear elsewhere in other products.
(cue the pipe organ music)

Paul