Any way to run more than listener on the same port?

  • From: JayMiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:18:05 -0500

Hi,

For portability reasons our Unix SAs would like us to run one listener /
instance on the same port of each server.

While I have no problem setting up one listener for two instances or two
listeners on different ports I had been under the impression (born out by
preliminary experimentation) that you couldn't have more than one listener
on the same port.

The Unix SAs say that since they've set up separate Virtual IP Addresses for
each instance we should be able to get it to work.

Anyone have any experience with this?  Is it possible?

Thanks,
Jay Miller