RE: Any quick way to remove histograms?

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Don Seiler" <don@xxxxxxxxx>, <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:04:09 -0700

Thanks, I guess that would be an ancient German secret :-)

I ended up just creating a script to run gather_table_stats on the
remaining 122 tables that still had histograms, which was much faster
than running a full gather_schema_stats on all 80,000+ tables.  It would
be nice if they would just provide a delete_histogram_stats procedure,
but I guess I'm just being lazy.