Any quick way to remove histograms?

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 10:21:07 -0700

Is there any faster way to remove histograms other than re-analyzing the
table?  I want to keep the existing table, index & column stats, but
with only 1 bucket (i.e. no histograms).  It seems like there should be
a way to do this, but I haven't been able to find a way other than
hacking the dictionary and I'm not about to do that.   I'm pretty sure
there answer is No, but I'm just hoping someone might know an ancient
Chinese secret (any other nation of origin will do too :-) to do the
trick.

Thanks,
Brandon