Re: Any possible way to view global temp table data for another active session?

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brent_day@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 09:09:36 -0800 (PST)

> From: Adam Musch <ahmusch@xxxxxxxxx>
> The only way I can think of is with a block dumps of the temporary
> segments in use by the other session, assuming *that's* even
> possible. It might get the data, but unscrambling the egg ...

I agree. The data is there except you don't know the starting and
ending offsets. You can easily test this by

alter system dump tempfile [tempfile#] block min [1] block max [2]

where [tempfile#] is segfile# in v$tempseg_usage minus db_files,
[1] is [segblk#] and [2] is a few numbers above it. (You may narrow
it down to one single block.)

Alternatively,

oradebug set...pid
oradebug dump heapdump 1025

also gives you the data mingled with other things.

The only use of this dump (from file or memory) is when you already
know most of the data and miss just a little. E.g, you know the data
is the string '1-800-123-4?67' except the single digit marked as ?.

Yong Huang