Any performance benefits in going to db_16k_cache_size or db_32k_cache_size

  • From: "arun chakrapani rao" <arunchakrapanirao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 23:40:03 -0500

Hi all,
I am currently working on a 1.5T DSS running on 8k blocksize.
This db is 90% of the time doing sequential reads.
Was wondering if we go for a 16k or 32k blocksize just on index alone
would there be any benefits in performance.
Has anybody impletemented this and seen any performance benefits,
Please do share your experience.
I was trying to do some bench marking here for one of the queries with
8,16 and 32k index tablespaces.
All I am seeing is the logical reads going down by half but the
elapsed time for these queries are still the same.
Now what am i missing?
Please do share your thoughts.

thanks in advance.