RE: Annoying full export full import

  • From: "Poras, Henry R." <Henry_Poras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 15:12:29 -0400

I remember having all sorts of problems in the past (can't remember if it was
version 7 or 8) with functions and procedures containing private db links.
Evidently 'BECOME USER' couldn't deal with the private links. Not only were the
imported objects invalid, but they needed to be recreated. I avoided this by
adding dummy public db links (pointing at the source database) with the same
name as the private links. The objects still imported as invalid, but only
needed a recompile to change their status. I haven't looked at this issue in a
long time so I don't know if it is still a problem.

Henry