Analyze vs. dbms_stats with Partitioning

  • From: "Hand, Michael T" <HANDM@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 13:29:19 -0400

I am in the initial stages of experimenting with Partitioning, and
therefore also moving from analyze to dbms_stats.  Does one have to
delete the analyze-created stats before generating the dbms_stats-based
ones, or is that a Oracle-legend I heard/read in the distant past?  Is
there anyway to determine which means was used to generate the stats
after the fact?

This is for V9.2.0.5 on Tru64.

Thanks,
Mike H

P.S. Am reading several articles by ANanda and JLewis on the subject.

--=20
This transmission is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein=
 and may contain information that is proprietary, confidential and/or legal=
ly privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notifi=
ed that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information co=
ntained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If =
you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sen=
der and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard=
 copy format. Thank you.