Analyze gather statistics automated in 10g?

  • From: "J. Dex" <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 16:29:48 -0400

After having read some documentation, I am still confused.  Is the process of
running analyze gathering statistics automated in 10g (specifically
or is there still something that needs to be set up to get it to regularly run?
  What needs to be set up?  How do you set it up?

In the past, we have had a cron job that runs weekly that does the following:

exec dbms_stats.gather_database_stats(estimate_percent=>20,cascade=>true);

How is everybody else handling this?

I know that running reports is automated and you don't need to set up perfstat,
etc., but my question relates to the actual analyze process.