Analytic Workspace Manager

  • From: Sherrie.Kubis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 08:48:43 -0400

Hello.

We are starting a Data Warehouse project on an Oracle 11g RAC Linux
Cluster, running database version 11.1.0.7.

At the present time we are licensed for OWB but admit we don't have
extensive experience in warehouse development.  I've had a request from a
consultant to install Analytic Workspace Manager.  It looks like this is a
part of the OLAP Option, which when I seen the word 'option', I translate
to dollars.  Our data warehouse will be small to start with, and as a
state agency facing budget cuts, I'm interested in other folk's experience
with OLAP and AWM, in concert or as opposed to OWB.

Can anyone share their experiences?

Sherrie Kubis
Oracle DBA Supervisor
Information Resources Department
Application Systems Section
Southwest Florida Water Management District
352-796-7211 x4033
mailto:Sherrie.Kubis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.watermatters.org
 =' т '=
Better train people and risk they leave - than do nothing and risk they
stay.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  All E-mail sent to or from this address are public record
and archived.  The Southwest Florida Water Management District does not allow
use of District equipment and E-mail facilities for non-District business
purposes.