RE: Alternatives to OEM Diagnostic/Tuning Packs

If you set control_management_pack_access to NONE; then I think you should be
okay. Please correct me if I am wrong here.

I am currently using Ignite, but there are things that OEM can do that Ignite
cannot, e.g. create plan baseline from history.

SYS@PRIMARY> show parameter manage

NAME                                 TYPE                             VALUE
------------------------------------ --------------------------------
------------------------------
control_management_pack_access       string                           NONE
resource_manager_cpu_allocation      integer                          24
resource_manager_plan                string
standby_file_management              string                           AUTO
undo_management                      string                           AUTO

SYS@PRIMARY> select count(*) from DBA_HIST_ACTIVE_SESS_HISTORY;

  COUNT(*)
         0

SYS@:PRIMARY> select count(*) from V$ACTIVE_SESSION_HISTORY;