From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of BLock@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 11:52 AM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Alter index rebuild

Can I do an Alter Index rebuild to move an index to an index tablespace while
the  database is up?

We are a 24x7 operation with scheduled outages usually only once a month.

alter index schema.I_B_OAPREFSETTLEMENTVALUE_1 rebuild tablespace schema_IDX
storage  ( initial 256 K next 256 K pctincrease 0 ) ;

Thanks

Brian Lock
DBA - East Campus

disclaimer: