Re: Allowing users to execute shell scripts without seeing password

  • From: David Sharples <davidsharples@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fred_fred_1@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 18:35:32 +0000

sudo?

you shouldnt need to give them read access to execute a script though -
something wrong there maybe

On 2/16/06, Fred Smith <fred_fred_1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've been trying to figure out a way that I can have my users allowed to
login to the server (HP-UX) with their own account and run a shell script
that's owned my me ... but I don't want them to be able to see the password.
I had no luck just granting them execute on the shell script, they had to
have read priviledges in order to execute it apparently.
Any suggestions??