Re: "All triggers are evil",..., really?

  • From: kathy duret <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 07:45:57 -0700 (PDT)

Triggers are not evil.  They have served me well in the past and will continue
to be of value to me.

Garbage code is Garbage code no matter where you put it.

Oracle gives you a big tool box full of tools, you need to know how and when to
use the tools properly.

You can get away with using a tool improperly and get the job done but it will
be a maintenenace nightmare or hard to find.

Do you really like trying to find the leak, have to tear everything apart to
find it and then have to put everything back together again?

Not me.. I like the Ronco method.. set it and forget it.

Kathy