Re: Alert Once Functionality.

  • From: ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx, "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 16:17:15 +0000

can you post when the article is done. I am writing shell scripting to send me
email alerts now.

From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
All

I'm going to be talking about the perils of email notifications for Oracle
databases next week - namely that you either don't monitor what you should, or
you get drowned in alerts, often repeated. I see two basic alternatives to this
approach - the dashboard approach (see the eye candy thread) or being alerted
on the detection of a problem, and then not until it is resolved. If anyone
uses the second approach I'd love to hear what tools you use.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA