Re: Advise needed on moving data with table changes

  • From: "Dennis Williams" <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jdunn@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 11:25:18 -0600

John,

You are receiving some excellent advice from others. In addition to getting
a good database backup, you should consider exporting the tables which are
receiving changes that you can't easily reverse.
   Myself, the only thing I would trust would be a set of scripts that I
have executed on test. Then I am assured that I can execute the same changes
on production. The problem with pointy-clicky tools is that it is difficult
to absolutely replicate the process on separate databases. But then as a
child I had a dinosaur as a pet.

Dennis Williams