Re: Advanced queueing

  • From: Chris Stephens <cstephens16@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx" <ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 14:52:04 -0500

thanks!  i was more looking for oracle's implementation of queueing
not what a queue is.  there is someone else that is supposed to be
looking at msmq so if i don't do a good job of explaining Oracle's
queueing capabilities, well, that's one more thing outside of the
database.

from what i understand, the application this is for will be recieving
xml files from client applications across the country for processing.
the processing will take a significant amount of time so the clients
will recieve a 'we got your stuff' message and the queue is meant to
implement  an order to the processing (there are several files
submitted that need to be processed in a certain order)

myself and another person been asked to put on a little demo.

i was being a little sarcastic with the 'barely know how to spell
queue' comment. :)