RE: Advanced RMAN

  • From: <krish.hariharan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 00:00:35 -0700

Some things that, I have played with or been intrigued by, having worked
with RMAN since 8.0 and having managed backups of close to 70TB.

1.      Recoverability across different versions of oracle for the same
problem
2.      Operating with and without a catalog
3.      Recovering with and without a catalog
4.      Recovering using dbms_backup_restore
5.      RMAN tracing
6.      Querying the catalog
7.      Querying the V$ tables
8.      RMAN performance enhancements using various settings
9.      Proxy backups
10.      Server less backups
11.      Incremental Merges
12.      Block Change Tracking (and in general keeping pace with kernel
advancements)
13.     Using physical standby backups as a proxy

To name a few

Regards,

-Krish

Krish Hariharan

President/Executive Architect, Quasar Database Technologies, LLC

http://www.linkedin.com/in/quasardb

  _____