RE: Admin effort required for Oracle AS Forms & Reports

  • From: "Baumgartel, Paul" <paul.baumgartel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 21:40:40 -0000

Brandon,

I went through this exercise recently.  You may be underestimating the amount
of time it takes to install the App Server, depending on the components; for
example, to install the Business Intelligence module that includes Oracle
Discoverer (remember how easy that used to be to install?), the App Server
instance has to be registered with an OID instance. If you don't have an OID
instance, you'll have to create one.

Once it's all installed, though, it doesn't seem to require much looking after.

Paul Baumgartel
CREDIT SUISSE
Information Technology
DBA & Admin - NY, KIGA 1