Re: Active Dataguard and Oracle Applications (Ebiz)

  • From: Naqi Mirza <naqimirza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ksmadduri@xxxxxxxxx, oracle Freelists <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 10:04:45 -0700 (PDT)

It will depend on how you plan to use active data guard with ebs. If you have
read only reports that connect to the applications schema this should work -
however if you are looking to configure an applications tier with this database
and connect via the applications it will not - logging via an application user
requires write access. Additionally the act of running a concurrent request
inserts records into various fnd_ based tables.

On a side note, if you do not need up to date data why not look into a snapshot
standby instead.Or if you're on 10gR2, configure flashback for your standby
open
it read write - once you're done flash back and restart mrp...of course
snapshot
standby in 11g makes this easier for you to do.