Active Dataguard and Oracle Applications (Ebiz)

  • From: Kumar Madduri <ksmadduri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle Freelists <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 05:23:45 -0700

Hello
Has anyone enabled Active Dataguard in Oracle Applications ?
I have gone through the white paper and presentation at
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/features/performance/s291920-meekssmith-130511.pdf
and
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/features/availability/maa-wp-11gr1-activedataguard-1-128199.pdf

Both of them dont talk about Ebusiness. May be it really does not matter and
hence no mention of that. I just want to see if anyone out there has
implemented this and any known issues.

*Also, another related question was regarding licensing. The presentation
mentions*

*•Active Data Guard license is required when using either: *

*•Real-time Query *

*•RMAN block-change tracking on a standby database*

I am not planning to set this active dataguard setup with either real time
query or RMAN block change tracking. So I dont require a separate license
for it. Is this correct?

I dont want to use Real-time query because if I can set it up sucessfully, I
wan to use it to divert our reporting users and they need a day's old of
data (dont have to be real time).

I dont need RMAN block-change tracking because I am not going to offload my
backups to Standby (as of now).

Thank you

Kumar