Re: Accidentally created local df in RAC

[re-post because of over-quoting]

Hi Dave,
you mentioned this is a 20+ TB database, but if the objects in the
tablespace that contains the local data file
are not too big, you may try to move them to a new tablespace (online,
if EE) and drop the entire tablespace
after that.

Some time ago we lost some data files from a big critical production
database because of media failure.
We lost the filesystem with the latest archivelogs too. In that case we
left the data files offline,
we identified the objects that had extents in those data files and we
imported them from an export
(we lost some data of course). Those data files remained in this state
until until we upgraded it
with export/import. We had to add "skip inaccessible" in the rman
scripts ...

Best regards
Dimitre