RE: Access and password changes

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rgoulet@xxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 11:45:48 -0500

Thanks,

Yes, I am thinking so.   Perhaps you could point me to some docs -
before I go looking myself.

But to narrow this down a little further... In an Oracle 9 database can
I get the information I am seeking from the audit.     In an Oracle 10g
database, FGAC should do it I believe.

The issue is that the company does not know how many applications or
where they are that may be logging directly into a schema owner whose
password may change.   The password will start changing because of SOX.

So they want to be able to identify as much as possible before the
password changes.     Of course, now that an Oracle 9 password has
changed, they also would like to identify the applications that may be
attempting to log in.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
joel.patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx