Academic question: How to recover through a gap of archived redol ogs with data loss?

  • From: Martin Klier <usn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 18:24:09 +0200

Hi list,

I know it's unsecure, unsupported and ugly. But given this situation:

I need a recovery of a tablespace, all archivelogs are there, bu I miss
one from last night. I want to do a "complete" recovery.

The log that's missing is out of a low activity period, and I am ready
to acceppt slight data corruption, and I will set up the DB as a new
afterwards, but I need the data from this morning.

What can one desperate DBA do?

To make it clear: I don't have this situation at the moment, but someday
this may change, and I would prefer to test this stress situation in
peacetime (now).

Any hints, advice, procedures?

Thanks a lot
Martin Klier
--
Usn's IT Blog for Linux, Oracle, Asterisk
http://www.usn-it.de