Re: AWR consolidation or mining Grid Control?

  • From: rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 13:44:35 -0400

Why design new schema when you can use same AWR repository to store data for
multiple database_id? For capacity planning, averages stored in Gridcontrol
repository are not enough? Granted they don't have fine-grained details
provided by AWR, but normal 15 minutes averages and daily averages are
available and are very useful in a lot of cases.

As for GridControl repository data, yes, I have played with it and I roll my
own capacity report based on custom needs, we have db/host targets that are
in few thousands.

Raj