Re: AWR

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 15:20:12 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks John for the quick Update

John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Sanjay - These buffers (both ASH and AWR) are allocated from the
shared_pool so this is from "Variable Size" in V$SGA.

Determining how much *AWR* requires in the SGA takes a little
guesswork. The space names are a little vague and the picture is
complicated since AWR seems to have been known earlier as SWRF
(Statistics Workload Repository Facilities - See Metalink Note
240052.1 - first few lines). Look for anything with both AWR and SWRF
in the V$SGASTAT.NAME column.

Thanks for your kind words.
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Disappointment is always inevitable; Discouragement is invariably optional