AW: Deep Copy a Record

  • From: "Torsten Rosenwald" <torsten.rosenwald@xxxxxx>
  • To: <sandeep.dixit@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Bobak, Mark'" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 11:47:01 +0200

Surprising that you expect Oracle to do this job...
If you could try to figure out what has to be coded to handle each and every
possible way of implementation and dependencies of tables, then you could
have a (very small) glimpse what Oracle has to deal with if they implemented
it.
And we did not talk about referential integrity or partitioning, etc which
have to be maintained, too.

my 2 cents,
Torsten.

  _____