AV performance issue

  • From: "Luka Grah" <luka.grah@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 11:57:49 +0100

Hi,

we have performance issue with Oracle Audit Vault data warehouse. When we
start refresh warehouse, and if there is a  couple million of records to
write in warehouse, the operation last 40 hours or more. In this case there
are a lot of I/O, in long operations I see a lot of "Table Scan" and "Sort
Output". I think that sort operation is done on local disks, not in memory.
We can't modify refresh operation code, just DB parameters!

Which parameter (except sga and pga parameters) should we change to make all
operations are done completely in memory.

Regards,