Re: AUTOALLOACATE vs. UNIFORM extent size in Oracle10g

  • From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: deshpande.subodh@xxxxxxxxx, mdinh@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 06:10:18 -0800 (PST)

I don't understand your comment as record size directly relates to
db_block_size
with regard to row chaining/migration.  Variable extent sizes won't mitigate
row
chaining for variable sized records but a larger block size might, depending
upon the length of the largest record, as there is a maximum block size of 32k
that can be defined.

David Fitzjarrell