Re: ASSM in 10g RAC doesnt seem work that well

  • From: Martic Zoran <zoran_martic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 02:15:33 -0800 (PST)

Christo,

If you execute your script on 1 node only and only 1
process with and without ASSM are you getting the same
CPU used by this session?

What is the version of the db you are using?
Is this cluster 1 CPU per node based, home made or it
is real production cluster?

Do the different test, with possible real case
scenario.

For me it is looking all in favour of ASSM.
Of course this is for Solaris and HP-UX and without
specific HW/SW possible problems.

If you do the test only for 1 process on one instance
first you will find out the difference when no
scalability issues.
Then go from there and try for more.
Be sure you are watching what is going on with the
overall system statistics (sar).

Regards,
Zoran

--- Christo Kutrovsky <kutrovsky.oracle@xxxxxxxxx>