RE: ASSM - dynamic memory resizing

  • From: "Hameed, Amir" <Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 12:56:38 -0500

 When I run the following statement, I see the result as shown below:
select LOCALITY, sum(GRANSIZE) gransize from sys.x$ksmge group by

---------- ---------------
       129   3,254,779,904
         5   2,130,706,432
         1   2,147,483,648
         2   2,130,706,432
         3   2,130,706,432
         0   2,147,483,648
         4   2,130,706,432
sum         16,072,572,928

I understand that numbers 0-5 refer to the memory boards on the system.
In my case there are six boards (24 dual-core CPUs) and each board has
memory on it. What does number 129 refer to?

Author: Oracle Database 10g RAC Handbook, Oracle Press 2006