Re: ASM shared devices

  • From: "oracle sos" <sosoracle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Christo Kutrovsky" <kutrovsky.oracle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 14:06:11 -0400

thanks to correct my mistake. I re-created the partitions and now both
servers can see the same asm disks.

Another question that bother me is, if I create ASM disk group, DATA_1, on
Server A using VOL1(/dev/sde1), can I mount it on ServerB? I got

ora-15003, Disk Group DATA_1 already mounted in another lock name space

Do I miss something again, or this is not an approach in +ASM?

Thanks again for all the help. Cindy

On 5/10/06, Christo Kutrovsky <kutrovsky.oracle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You approach seems incorect.

The devices are shared right ? So why do you re-create partitions on
the server B, after you have created them and prepared your devices on
Server A ?

The procedure should be:

Server A
fdisk /dev/sde
-> create partition
fdisk /dev/sdd
-> create partition
/etc/init.d/oracleasm createdisk ... /dev/sde1
/etc/init.d/oracleasm createdisk ... /dev/sdf1

Server B
fdisk /dev/sde
"p" for print, you should see the partition created
"w" to rewrite it, and refresh in memory partition table
fdisk /dev/sdf
"p" for print, you should see the partition created
"w" to rewrite it, and refresh in memory partition table

/etc/init.d/oracleasm scandisks
/etc/init.d/oracleasm listdisks
-> should show your marked devices

Use dbca to create diskgroups.