RE: ASM or not to ASM

  • From: "Lange, Kevin G" <kevin.lange@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 14:47:28 -0500

Worse scenario I have ever seen was an organization that had
  1) DBA
  2) Storage Admin
  3) Server Admin
  4) Hardware Admin
  5) Change Management Admin

Every time you wanted to get anything done you needed a weeks notice and
10  meetings and entries in the change management system by all
departments involved in which any one of them being late on responding
caused the entire process to stall and possibly have to be rescheduled.

Give me a situation with a DBA with authority to manage their own
servers from the hardware on up any day.