Re: ASM of any significant value when switching to Direct NFS / NetApp / non-RAC?

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 20:44:59 +1000

Hans Forbrich wrote,on my timestamp of 24/08/2012 5:02 AM:
> Yup, based on ambition.  After all, they 've picked up 1 company per
> month, every month, for the past 10 years. Narrows the opportunities,
> and leaves the larger fish as the primary remaining food source.

Actually, not a bad point at all!
It sounds incredible but nowadays Oracle looks more and more like a second
incarnation of CA...

> As for MSSQL, with it's current rate of churning out new
> enterprise-oriented environments (eg: Windows 8 using Metro), I'm not
> sure how much longer Oracle will have to wait to get Microsoft at a
> reasonably good price.

Tell me about it!  Just spent this week doing mostly nothing but recovering my
normal desktop environment at work!
 From the smouldering remains of a "forced" Windows 7 upgrade.

I just told the Wintel boyzz the next upgrade they force me to take, I'll do it
myself and it'll be to Linux: I'm 200% sure it'll create less havoc!

Who is the imbecile at M$ responsible for Win7 destroying the registry?  And
apparently with Win8, NTFS goes as well and needs a reformat.  Like hell I'll
ever install that one, mr M$!

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto