Re: ASM of any significant value when switching to Direct NFS / NetApp / non-RAC?

Dana,
If I were you I would be asking how much investment is going into the
NetApps solution. Currently we use SAN/ASM for most of our production
databases (the ones that do not use ASM with local disks), but that is
because when the last big change came the "company" was not willing
to invest with NetApp, mostly I suspect for the aforementioned
political reasons,  the people in charge knew nothing about NetApps.
Now I think we will be moving to NetApps as a solution and dropping
ASM, because there has been heavy investment in a much faster network
to NFS mount the storage and the filers themselves are in high
availability clusters. As Connor mentioned Netapps have lots of
features to deal with issues such as store migration. Also you can use
Oracle Managed Files with them too.

Regards
Pete