Re: ASM is single point of failure ?

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 21:09:33 +0100

Not sure where that comes from, the SE setup gives you archived redo
and backup in ASM IIRC, Im less certain of online logs, but suspect
they are in ASM as well.

On 5/9/06, Kevin Closson <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 >>>Anyway, for the customers stuck on ASM with Standard Ed RAC,
>>>I once wrote an experimental utility which can dump out
>>>their online redologs from physical ASM files. You just have
>>>to extract the redolog (or any datafile) allocation unit
>>>locations when ASM instance is running

Easier to create the database with nothing but datafiles
in ASM which is the stipulation in the license it seems ...

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
http://www.orawin.info