Re: ASM disk group

You may have already found a solution.

1. You may not drop the pointers at the O/S level.  ASM has some header
information that will have to be removed using a dd command
2. You can mount an ASM diskgroup using the ALTER command

ALTER DISKGROUP FAS980DG1 MOUNT;

Hope this helps.

"Chen, Sarah" <Sarah_Chen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Anyone have an idea how to drop a dismount ASM disk group? I can't mount it
and also can't drop it?

SQL> select group_number, name, STATE from v$asm_diskgroup;

GROUP_NUMBER NAME STATE
------------ ------------------------------ -----------
1 SUN6130ORACLE1 MOUNTED
2 SUN6130ORACLE2 MOUNTED
0 ORACLEGROUP1 DISMOUNTED
0 FAS980DG1 DISMOUNTED
0 ORACLEGROUP2 DISMOUNTED

SQL> drop diskgroup ORACLEGROUP1;
drop diskgroup ORACLEGROUP1
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-15039: diskgroup not dropped
ORA-15001: diskgroup "ORACLEGROUP1" does not exist or is not mounted

SQL> alter diskgroup ORACLEGROUP1 mount;
alter diskgroup ORACLEGROUP1 mount
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-15032: not all alterations performed
ORA-15024: discovered duplicately numbered ASM disk 0

Best Regards,
Sarah Chen
Information Technologies
Budco - The Dialogue Company