RE: ASM disk corruption

  • From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "harel.safra@xxxxxxxxx" <harel.safra@xxxxxxxxx>, "andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx" <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 00:20:33 +0100

In 11gR2 you have also a script that you can use to reconfigure / reinitate the
cluster (forgot the name, will try to find some details tomorrow).
During one of it steps it will scratch the asm diskgroup on which the ocr /
voting disks are located.

So it is indeed good practice to put the vd / ocr files in a dedicated asm
diskgroup, separated from the other db files.

regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator