Re: ASM, archivelogging and LUNs

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx" <oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 12:38:33 -0500

I have found that using different disk groups for different oracle
instances is very useful if I want to create a logical separation.  It is
also useful if you are charging back storage charges to the data owners.  I
generally do recommend that sort of separation, the logical advantages are
noticeable, and their arent really any disadvantages to it.

--
Andrew W. Kerber