Re: ASM and EMC PowerPath

  • From: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 08:47:21 +0200

Hi Andrew,
thanks! I didn't know about kfod, I'll check it's output on Monday (kfod disk=all -> path).

I don't have an access to the systems right now, but if I recall correctly, v$asm_disk.path shows as ORCL:<disk_name> (so most probably asm_diskstring is set to ORCL:* or similar, I'll check that on Monday too).

Thank you!

Dimitre

On 08/04/2011 22:22, Andrew Kerber wrote:
I believe there are options with kfod to do some of this. The asm_diskstring parameter should show you how it is finding the disks currently. As I recall, if you try and change asm_diskstring, and current disks arent listed it wont let you.

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 4:04 AM, Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    One more question:

    - oracleasm querydisk -p shows correctly all paths (physical and
    logical) to the devices.
    - oracleasm querydisk -d shows the first one found during discovery

    How can we know which path was used originally, when the disk was
    created?

    [...]