Re: ASM and EMC PowerPath

  • From: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Martin Bach <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Harel Safra <harel.safra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 16:25:14 +0200

Thank you!
I'm already reading all the notes I was able to find on MOS and google
(including the below mentioned Configuring Oracle ASMLib on Multipath Disks on Linux).

I was only unsure on what to do, given that the disks that are already configured point to the physical paths
and the fact that this is a live production database.

I doubt that we can change the paths of all disks online, could we?

1. Set ORACLEASM_SCANEXCLUDE to "sd"
2. oracleasm scandisks on all nodes.

I suppose we need to stop all asm and client db instances.

Best regards
Dimitre

On 07/04/2011 16:14, Martin Bach wrote:
Hi there,

You need to actually exclude the native devices in the scan exclude variable,
and use the pseudo-device instead (scan order variable). A great summary can be
found here:

Configuring Oracle ASMLib on Multipath Disks on Linux (Doc ID 394956.1)

HTH,

Martin

On 07/04/2011 16:11, Harel Safra wrote:

Make sure to exclude /Dec/sd* - if you use them you won't be utilizing powerpath

Harel Safra
Sent from my phone.