Re: ASM and EMC PowerPath

  • From: Karl Arao <karlarao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 01:01:41 +0800

Hi Dimitre,

I'm also curious about that.. especially on this

"Unlike most multipath drivers, PowerPath will support full multipath
capabilites even with the regular names. PowerPath and ASMLib now work
together successfully."

so I asked some friends from EMC. So we are still waiting for the EMC
support for their answer.

But for a really definitive answer.. if you have a test or r&d environment
you can unplug the storage cable connection and see if the fail-over works
even if there's no scanorder or scanexclude. And if this does not work, it
will be just a simple configuration file change and restart of the nodes.

--
Karl Arao
karlarao.wordpress.com