ASM administrative guidelines

We are looking at migrating to 10gR2 RAC/ASM from 9i RAC/VERITAS.   I've
read various papers and
purchased the Oracle ASM book from Oracle Press and have researched this
stuff, but from a practical
level, I was wondering what kind of admin guidelines that those of you in
more mature ASM shops may
have developed, or perhaps any paradigm shifts that  you've made as a result
of working with ASM.

For example, have you changed your standards as per multiplexing control
files and redo logs?  Do you use
OMF or have you devised any sort of naming scheme with respect to ASM file
aliases?  If you were to redo
your ASM install, would you change anything on how you configured it or are
administering it?

Thanks,
Jeff