Re: ASM Upgrade from 10.2 to 11.2 erroring with ORA-01034: ORACLE not available

  • From: Peter Hitchman <pjhoraclel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 10:42:51 +0100

Hi Tyfanie,
I believe I have the same problem, but I am migrating between 11.1 and
11.2 on Linux 64 bit platfom. I tried a couple of time to migrate and
one time the asmca failed the other time it said it worked, but in
fact failed. In the ASM alert log I see the error:

ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [kfeInvokeLockCallback06],
[30], [], [], [], [], [], [], [], [], [], []
ORA-15240: attribute name SAGE_ONLY is invalid

Basically the ASM instance shutsdown, but the OUI does not recognzie
this and blindly stumbles on outputing "Oracle not available" in the
logs.

I have an SR open with Oracle but so far no response. Also I started a
thread on the list last week and a patch was suggested, but I thought
I should go via Oracle Support to be sure! I would be interested to
know if you see something similar in your ASM alert log.

One other thing, having the environment variable ORA_CRS_HOME set to
the original CRS home will also break the migration, because the wrong
crsctl programme gets called, assuming of course you are on a *nix
platform.

Regards
Pete