Re: ASM RAC Database from one RAC to another

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 11:27:27 -0700 (PDT)

Syed

Isn't ASM will show them as MEMBER or FOREIGN kind of status but will make it
available. As these are RAW and so it should be visible as long as SAN is
configured to show them. Will surely do a test. I had done similar kind of work
in non-RAC enviroment sometime back with the scenario like below

I am havng two Dataguard Environment on different Database server and they are
non-RAC databases using ASM as database storage. I lost one Database server and
so I told SA to mount the EMC luns on second Database server and I started the
Database in Standby mode on Second Database Server as both are Same Oracle
version. The only change that was done is on Primary Server to ship the files
to different server.

Based on the facts, I am thinking that the solution might work. The reason to
go with this approach is that we don;t have extra SAN storage of around 1 Tb to
create Dataguard environment and then do the switchover and remove the old one.

Thanks