RE: ASM Datafiles and RMAN duplicate db

I wanted to stay away from putting in customizations like the set newname,
since the process would need to be updated each time there might be a
modification to the production DB.
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 09:43:11 +0200
Subject: Re: ASM Datafiles and RMAN duplicate db
From: exriscer@xxxxxxxxx
To: merchanti@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

how about use during duplicate run set newname in RMAN and set them to asm
aliases?

regards

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 7:30 AM, Imtiaz Merchant <merchanti@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Folks,

I am duplicating my prod db every night and recently started using ASM
diskgroups for the auxiliary database instance.  I've noticed that each time
duplicate db runs, a new set of datafiles are created, leaving the datafiles
from the previous run behind.  I've set the db_create_file_dest to the ASM
diskgroup.  I was wondering if there would be a way to easily reuse / remove
the old files, since its filling up my diskgroup.

I'm investigating changing the datafile name format, so that it overwrites the
files each time, instead of appending the incarnation number at the end that
makes every file unique.

I'd appreciate any tips / pointers to resolve this issue.

Regards,

IM