RE: AQ Vs Streams

  • From: "McCartney, Bruce" <bruce.mccartney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Nagarajan.Subbiah@xxxxxxxx>, "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 19:51:07 -0500

Raja,
AQ is a lower level feature for generic message processing based on
user-defined events.  Streams uses AQ to enable replication events to be
queued.  The Streams API sits on top of both AQ and LOGMINER and
facilitates high-level definition and management of event-based
replication.
Hope that helps...

Bruce